WPA Health Insurance Overview
WPA are a not-for-profit specialist private medical insurer, who have been helping members since 1901. Being a not-for-profit company they are not hampered by the demands of shareholders so they’re free to act differently.
WPA only deal in private medical insurance so they have no distractions and can focus on providing members with excellent service and the care they need when they need it. They strive to fund the very best healthcare and treatment available with a range of flexible plans and benefits at a sustainable premium.
WPA has a culture of excellence and their customers are at the centre of all that they do; their main aim is to provide excellent service to their customers. To help them provide excellent service they invest in cutting-edge technology which resulted in a number of technology based awards in 2017. The standards at WPA are high and this is evidenced by having 4 international standard accreditations.
They believe that seeing a consultant should be a clinical decision; not a commercial decision and therefore they have a freedom to choose approach allowing the customer, advised by their doctor, to choose their own consultant.
WPA Health Insurance Review
- WPA focus on providing a long term and sustainable premium for their members and as such they feel that they are a good fit for a client, who is looking for the security that WPA’s community rated premium pricing would provide them.
- By not offering a no claims discount members can be sure that the premiums would rise gradually with age and medical inflation, rather than due to a claim, which potentially would result in a significant increase, at the time when the member needs their cover the most.
- WPA offer a discount for people who are self-employed and members of a particular profession (Flexible Health only) so they cater well for people who meet this criteria as they will get a discounted rate on their health insurance premium.
- Customer service is a main focus – Customers rated WPA’s service 4.7 out of 5.
- With a Freedom of choice policy, customers are free to choose the consultant of their choice. WPA believe seeing a specialist should be a clinical decision, not a commercial one.
- Specialist commended – An independent survey showed that 62% of private consultants commend WPA, as well as being rated as the easiest insurer to deal with.
- The maximum age to join Flexible Health is 65 but you can
renew the Policy each year thereafter.
- When limiting your outpatient cover with WPA to reduce the premium, this will also limit some outpatient scans and tests, whereas other providers like AXA PPP, Health-on-Line and Vitality will cover these in full with a limited out-patient option.
- You will notice that the initial premium with WPA will increase over the first 3 years due to their current incentive, please plan ahead for these increases.
WPA’s most comprehensive cover with benefits for everyday costs such as optical and dental, included as standard.
A mid-range plan offering enhanced cover as standard and options to enhance to cover to suit the customers needs.
A good value, entry level plan offering cover for the surgical treatment of a diagnosed condition.
A multi-generational plan offering cover for families at different addresses. The plan offers flexible benefit options to tailor the cover to each household.
A plan for active retirees. Active Health is a comprehensive plan with a high excess to keep premiums low.
Healthcare Clarity is a WPA intermediary. We are authorised by the financial conduct authority (FCA) to give clients advise on private medical insurance plans. Our service is free to clients and we are paid a percentage commission on the business placed with the health insurer. This does not mean you will pay more by using our service.